AMERICAN LEGION MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
ALL MEMBERS MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF
DD 214 OR HONORABLE DISCHARGE DOCUMENT.
WHY YOU SHOULD BELONG
How to join:
===> (* Please redact your SSN - we don't want it or need it) <===
(Request a missing DD-214 here)
4. AL dues is $35 per year; may be paid with cash, checks payable to AL Kenneth Nash Post 8, or money orders. (Please bear with us as we work out how & when we'll start accepting credit cards.)
5. If the information is correct, you will be contacted by email. After eligibility verification & payment, your membership card will be sent to you via letter in first class mail.
6. Check eligibility dates below.
Veterans applying for transfers from their current post to Post 8 must submit:
===> a. Completed Member Data Form (obtain from your adjutant or post; requires signature).
===> b. COPY OF DD214 OR DISCHARGE PAPERS VERIFYING ELIGIBLITY
===> c. COPY OF YOUR CURRENT MEMBERSHIP CARD
The current membership year runs from 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018. If you paid dues prior to 1 July 2017, please remit $35 for 2018. If you already have a 2018 membership card, no payment necessary on transfer.
ELIGIBILITY DATES (WHO Qualfies)?
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILTY in the American Legion is based on honorable service in the US Armed Forces between:
* Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm (Aug 2, 1990 - TBD)
Lebanon/Grenada (Aug 24, 1982 - Jul 31,1984)
- Must have served at least one day of active military duty during one of the dates below and honorably discharged (or still serving honorably).
Questions? Contact adjutant at fratij [at] legiondc8 [dot] org, or stop by the post (hours).
⇒ Click on the "Application" menu item under Membership towards top left to apply online.
To join the the AL Ladies Auxiliary, stop in to the post or contact dcaux8 [at] gmail [dot] com